Friday, February 19, 2010

Back to Nepal :)


Well, the weeks have flown by and I am preparing to return to Nepal for my 4th time! I leave Edmonton Feb 27 and do not return until mid April. The itinerary is to arrive in Kathmandu March 1, meet up with Lok for a day, then fly to Pokhara to do a 10 day trek in the Annapurna Sanctuary to Base Camp. The photos at right are of Annapurna South taken when I did the Circuit in 2004.

I return to KTM March 14 in time to meet my group of 7 to prepare and head off to the Langtang valley for a 12 day trek. We will also go to Gosiakunda and back to Dhunche, then return to Kathmandu for a few days of culture in Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Bhaktapur. After 17 days together, the group returns to KTM flying out April 3.  I will stay on to study yoga with Akhil Bhattacharya in Kathmandu for 2 weeks then return home via Hong Kong just in time for cycling season!

Kathmandu is experiencing power shedding so internet reliability may not be what we have experienced in the past, but I will try to update this blog as often as I can.

Namaste,
Neil

No comments: